Job #VA2558 for Chantilly VA
GKY is seeking a company-wide Marketing Manager for our Chantilly, VA office. This is a great opportunity for a motivated and hardworking individual to join a team of professionals and lead corporate marketing and proposal efforts. This position offers the potential for career development and is responsible for coordinating the full spectrum of marketing functions in a professional environment. The ideal candidate is a dedicated professional who understands deadline-driven work and is a self-starter who can work both independently and within a team environment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Support the marketing team to coordinate all aspects of proposal development. Specific responsibilities include:
- Market research, collecting and analyzing preliminary documentation, partner and subconsultant data management, and developing company qualifications
- Write and provide technical edits for marketing materials and comply with corporate standards to present a consistent appearance and style for all external marketing communications, including basic project descriptions, resumes, qualification packages, presentation graphics, proposals, resumes, and brochures
- Work in tandem with business development and operations personnel to implement pursuit win strategies and appropriately incorporate sales messages
- Prepare proposal schedules and compliance matrices
- Facilitate regular proposal meetings to maintain schedule deadlines
- Review proposals for compliance with RFP requirements, government requirements, and GKY requirements and brand standards
- Assist in developing and implementing proposal processes firmwide
- Oversee production and submission of final proposals
- Develop and manage close-out procedures to capture lessons-learned for future efforts
- Maintain, manage, and report on marketing information, intelligence, and data
- Support, coordinate, and create content for marketing internal communications calendar, marketing team updates and reports, etc.
- Support, coordinate, and create content for marketing external communications, including social media, promotional activity, events, awards submissions, and press releases, website content, brochure updates, industry publications, ads, etc.
- Conference and event support/coordination, planning, attendance, budgeting and strategizing
- Report on marketing activities, including collecting, consolidating and distributing action items from conferences, meetings, and events
- Assist marketing team with additional tasks/initiatives as assigned
- Potentially assist in implementation of a Client Relationship Management (CRM) system
- Provide technical editing and copy writing for both marketing and project materials
- Assist with production of project reports
- 5-10 years of experience
- BA or BS degree in relevant field (Marketing, Business, English, Communications, etc.)
- Excellent time management, organization and multi-tasking/prioritization skills required
- Extensive Word, Excel, and PowerPoint experience required
- Excellent writing and communication skills required
- Familiarity with CRM systems preferred
- Experience preparing federal SF 330 and other proposal formats preferred
- Membership/training/certification with SMPS and/or APMP preferred
- Proficiency with desktop publishing or graphics software preferred
- Knowledge of federal and municipal government procurement processes, timelines, and systems preferred
- Position involves working overtime, as necessary, to meet all pursuit deadlines
- Must physically work in our Chantilly, VA office (or hybrid with telework)
GKY offers competitive salary and benefits, including a 401(k) retirement plan, medical, disability, vision, dental, and life insurance, performance bonuses, vacation, holidays, and tuition reimbursement.
Qualified applicants should e-mail their qualifications to GKY Careers noting the job opening number in the subject line.
GKY is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, and a criminal background check. These screenings will be conducted by GKY’s background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.