Entry Level Water Resources Engineer
Job #VA1346 for Chantilly, VA or Newport News, VA
The successful applicant will provide technical assistance for our water resources engineering projects, with a focus on hydrologic and hydraulic modeling and analysis. If you are a highly motivated individual, this is an opportunity to grow professionally and advance your career as far as your ambition, dedication, and work ethic will take you.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support hydrologic and hydraulic analyses to investigate storm drainage issues, floodplain studies, infrastructure resiliency, stream restoration, dam safety analyses, and stormwater management designs.
- Assist with production of client deliverables such as reports (including figures and tables), technical memoranda, and computer models.
- Assist with preparation of construction drawings and specifications for stormwater facilities and green infrastructure; stormwater retrofit designs; and drainage infrastructure projects.
- Prepare engineering and construction cost estimates.
- Conduct background research on technical issues and contribute to reports and memorandums.
- Occasionally support field investigations of stormwater infrastructure.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, or equivalent, with course work in water resources (including hydrology and hydraulics).
- EIT preferred.
- Familiarity with mapping and data analysis using ArcGIS/ArcMap.
- Familiarity with HEC-RAS.
- Familiarity with other hydrologic and hydraulic software (HEC-HMS, SWMM, etc.) preferred.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD and Civil3D software will be helpful.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, ability to pass a DMV record check, and be insurable.
- Must be dependable, responsible, and have good communications skills.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
GKY offers competitive salary and benefits, including a 401(k) retirement plan, medical, disability, vision, dental, and life insurance, performance bonuses, vacation, holidays, and tuition reimbursement.
Qualified applicants should e-mail their qualifications to GKY Careers noting the job opening number in the subject line.
GKY is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, and a criminal background check. These screenings will be conducted by GKY’s background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.