Job #VA4945 for Chantilly VA
The successful applicant will provide technical assistance for our water resources projects focusing on infrastructure inspections/investigations and stormwater sampling. The successful applicant will work under the direction of an Environmental Field Inspector Team Lead.
Many of our projects serve public sector clients that have come to expect a very high level of service and project quality from GKY. If you are a detail-oriented, highly motivated individual, this is an opportunity to grow professionally and advance your career as far as your ambition, dedication, and work ethic will take you.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist with stormwater infrastructure inspections and investigations
- Assist with stormwater sampling and analysis
- Assist with production of field reports
- Assist with construction site erosion and sediment control measure inspections
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that may be required of the selected candidate.
Required Skills & Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability and desire to work outdoors in difficult terrain and year-round weather conditions
- Intelligence, eagerness to learn, and physically motivated
- Ability to clearly communicate, both orally and in writing, with team members as well as clients and the general public
- Demonstrated team player
- Comfortable using handheld tools and lifting heavy objects
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility, and work independently with minimal supervision
- Must have a valid driver’s license, ability to pass a DMV record check, and be insurable
- Must be dependable, responsible, and have great time management skills
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Ability to obtain Virginia Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) Stormwater Management (SWM) Inspector and Erosion and Sediment Control (ESC) Inspector certifications
- Basic knowledge of stormwater infrastructure
- Familiarity with the use of ArcGIS and tablet computers
- Experience reading site plans and facility design details
- Experience with land-disturbing activities requiring SWM/ESC/Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) compliance
GKY offers competitive salary and benefits, including a 401(k) retirement plan, medical, disability, vision, dental, and life insurance, performance bonuses, vacation, holidays, and tuition reimbursement.
Qualified applicants should e-mail their qualifications to GKY Careers noting the job opening number in the subject line.
GKY is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, and a criminal background check. These screenings will be conducted by GKY’s background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.