Stormwater Program Assistance to Fairfax County, VA
Fairfax County faces the challenge of adapting its aging stormwater infrastructure to serve a population of more than 1 million. GKY helps the county meet stormwater regulatory requirements while providing environmental amenities desired by a well-educated citizenry.
GKY has provided broad stormwater management services, including:
- Active participation in the EPA audit of the County stormwater program
- Developing standard operating procedures (SOPs) for BMP inspection
- Inspecting more than 1,000 BMPs county-wide
- Developing stormwater designs to mitigate local problems
- Developing varied stormwater training courses for county personnel